Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

London Calling( And Barcelona, Montpellier, Among Others...)

Well, It's Official: My wife and I bought our plane tickets to go to Europe in May. We'll fly into Barcelona, from where we will take a cruise that will stop in Marseille, Cannes, Livorno, and Naples.
We will spend a week in France, split between Montpellier and Aix en Provence. Our next plan is to take the train from Paris to London. While in England, we plan on having stays in Liverpool, London. and Birmingham.


I have two rugby-centric goals on this trip: To see Twickenham and to go to the city of Rugby, the birthplace of Beautiful Game. I would love to catch a professional game in France or England, but in taking an initial glance at the calendar, I think most of the leagues will have wrapped up by the time I get to France and England.

It's OK. I think we can find SOMETHING to do or see in Europe.

4 comments:

  1. Steve - check out the Emirate 7s weekend at Twickenham which is 21/22 May. http://rfu.com/Tickets/Events/2011_05_21_EmiratesLondonSevens.aspx
    I've been the last two years and the whole tournament is an awesome event - great rugby, great party - sadly we can't go this year but I can highly recommend it - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, thanks ever so much for the heads up! That would be great to catch while I am in the UK! I will try to get tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve - when are you planning to be in London?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Flanker, will be in London 22-25 May.

    ReplyDelete