Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

51

Settling into the routine here in Delaware, where I will be working for the next 3 months. Just me, the Missus and Buddha the Bulldog.

The Calendar says that I am 51 today.  I keep asking myself when I will start acting like an adult? When I look in the mirror and see the increasing amount of grey on my head, I should feel older-but I don't. I cannot help but think back that 30 years ago today, I turned 21 in Montpellier, France, where I was spending my Junior year abroad. That year in France was a watershed moment in my life. It's also where I saw my first ever rugby game on TV: France playing Wales at the old Cardiff Arms Park. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. It planted a seed in the back of my mind that would not come to fruition until many years later, but getting involved with rugby and the rugby blogosphere back in 2006 has been just a blessing.

I do know this: I have a wonderful wife, two great kids, an amazing grandson, a fantastic daughter-in-law, and fantastic people I have been able to meet thanks to rugby and the blogosphere.  Being able to meet Slugso and Scotty in NZ(along with Slugso's very fun wife, Fiona) was just a wonderful thing. I could not have imagined it when I started my original nursedude blog site back in 2006.

I just got done with a fantastic trip to Australia and New Zealand-a real adventure for me and the Red-Head. I have now been to two Rugby World Cups-I took the entire family to France back in 2007- and I am planning on making it to England for 2015. 

One of the downers for this past year has been that doing my travel nurse gig has made it hard for me to play rugby. I am glad I was able to get a run in for the Metropolis Old Boys against the Old Laurentians from Rugby, England back in April.

At any rate, I am thankful to still be vertical and in good health, and look forward to blogging another year.



No comments:

Post a Comment