Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rugby, Social Media and Getting Tracked Down in New Mexico

A few weeks back, I mentioned that I had used Facebook to get info on where to find a rugby-friendly bar in Albuquerque, New Mexico-since I could not find any type of rugby here in Farmington and the Four Corners area.

It seems that I was mistaken-there IS rugby here in the Four Corners region.


A guy named Chee found my posting and used Facebook to contact me to inform me that there is, indeed a rugby club here in the Four Corners region: The San Juan Silverbacks. (San Juan is the county here in this part of Northwest New Mexico)  The club has been kind of on-again and off-again trying to get players. Chee told me that there were guys getting together to play some touch rugby as training before they start up practice for real. I dragged my sore,  51 year old legs out and had fun playing some touch rugby. Yeah, my right knee has been bitching to me about going for a run (or as close as I can) on the rugby pitch...but man, was it fun.

Chalk one up for social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment