Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

26

Man (And Woman) does not live by rucking and mauling alone.

Today marks the 26th anniversary of my marriage with my lovely Red-Head.


I cannot take her out tonight, as I have to work this evening at the VA Medical Center, but tomorrow, I plan on taking her out to Vincent, a French Restaurant here in Minneapolis.  "Why a French restaurant?", you might ask. Well, it's a long story.... http://nursedude.blog.com/2007/04/28/getting-a-wife-while-going-to-college-the-gift-that-keeps-giving/

My wife was very supportive when I first suited up to play rugby 4 years ago, as a 45 year old. A lot of women would have scoffed at my middle-aged madness, but my wife was very encouraging and supportive with me playing rugby. (That's me binding next to Denny, the Bearded guy on the right)


Oh yeah...she still looks pretty darned good too.




Happy Anniversary, honey.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Nursedude!

    I hope you both have a lovely day. :-) Love the wedding photo too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bamberio! We ended up going out to a French Restaurant on Friday night, where I had some fantastic lamb, and then we went to a nearby Jazz place for a very relaxing, and pleasant evening for two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why... your (great !) story reminds me of this old comic print... Your wife and you were probably there...
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3512/3729263687_6009371bb8_b.jpg

    Happy Anniversary !

    (late, but....)

    PS : I've read your other "personnal" posts, ie the story of your Grand-Mother (quite similar to mine... who passed away two years ago aged 94 in a "timely" manner as you say... ) and your heart surgery coming soon... Little to say but sending some friendly cheers from Paris !

    PPS : did you notice that my previous post (SF v RCF) was played in St Cloud - nice residential city and park close to Paris (and still home of the Stade Français - amateur rugby teams)

    ReplyDelete